What is CTE?
Career Technical Education commits to:
- Continually improve the relevance and value of a student’s educational experience;
- Prepare students for success in both career and college, by employing The National Career Clusters Framework to ensure contextual learning and academic standards that reflect the goals and interests of all learners;
- Provide business and industry with a highly skilled, sustainable workforce;
- Provide dynamic, innovative leadership for the nation’s educational system; and
- Serve as a strategic partner with secondary and postsecondary educators, and business/industry to build a strong environment for student success both in school and after graduation.
Since CTE is and will continue to evolve in response to workplace changes and demands, it is important to know that the CTE promise is centered on the “unrelenting commitment” to achieve the goals outlined above. It is this commitment that is the true essence of CTE.